Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another camping trip.

Reed Bingham State Park is a beautiful park I've never heard of before. Have you? Now, I'd like to go back after camping there one week end.

At first, the camping sites did not seem as nice as Debbie and I were expecting simply because they didn't seem wooded enough. It's fine once you get set up. No problemo. But, the trails, my oh my! beautiful. You almost feel like you're somewhere in Costa Rica. (No, I've never been in Costa Rica. I just know it's a bird watchers paradise; like when bird watchers die, they go to Costa Rica).



These pictures will give you just a glimpse of what's there to enjoy. You can't hear the birds' calls, or the whisper of the winds, or the sounds of the woods from these pictures. Can you? Have you ever heard the unique call of a Pileated Woodpecker? These woodpeckers are the biggest you'll see around, with big bright red crest, huge wingspan, and a graceful fly. Birds, birds, birds, showing off. Just nice to enjoy the show.





Cost of the site for 3 days, 2 nights:$40.00. Cost of gas: $35.00. Food: we brought our own. View and nature to enjoy: PRICELESS!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay camping! :)

Kelly