Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tae Kwon Do Tournament

We had our National Tae Kwon Do Tournament this past week end.
Only nine schools were represented but the place was packed! I took these pictures toward the end when I got a break and after most of the participants and spectators have left.

I was invited just to be a corner judge at the tournament but a friend talked me into fighting in the over 35 years old category.
Apparently this category will not be too crowded so I twisted some arms and signed up after all registrations have been closed for days. I was hoping to get an easy trophy. Wrong!

After I signed up, I found out that everybody including color belts (blue belts, red belts and such) were all in this category. Long legs and big size did not matter. You just have to be over 35. I'm a small guy, but I'm fast.

I ended up with a 3rd place trophy, but it was not as easy as I thought. That means I got beat up at the end, but I made my way toward the end. And I had to work for it without getting hurt. It was fun.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you got a trophy and I'm even happier that you did not get hurt:-)
XOXOXO
Debbie