Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally a close up view of a Summer Tanager

Debbie and I went to the Ocmulgee Mound yesterday for a walk. This is also for us a place where we love doing some bird watching. Guess what, we saw a beautiful Summer Tanager and he sang for us beautifully. Wow, I wish I had a camera with me! This is a beautiful bird. This is not the first time we're seeing one, but this is the closest look we ever got of a Summer Tanager. Summer Tanagers are pretty rose-red birds, bigger than Sparrows and Vireos, but smaller than Blue Jays and Doves.

We also saw for the second time this week a Wood Stork. The first time, we saw a whole flock of them. This time, he was lonely one, hanging around with the Egrets, Glossy Ibises, and Herons, almost saying Hum mm I kinda like it here; may be I will relocate to Macon. We'll see.

No comments: