Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Ocmulgee got flooded

My favorite birdwatching place got flooded.
We've had a lot of rain and these are the results.
This is the walking path that is now flooded.


I still saw a lot of birds that day. A flock of European Starlings has returned to the Mound. I also saw many Red Winged Blackbirds.

My two surprises were a big Water Moccasin (snake) up in a tree taunted by Mockingbirds and a close up look at a young Pileated Woodpecker who seems to be checking me out. Oh, one more surprise. A field mouse run out the shrubs toward me and almost went up my pants for safety, except that I hop up just on time for him to see I was a person and not some kind of tree.

Flooded!

The boardwalk is flooded too.







Lots and lots of water everywhere. Turtles everywhere, frogs everywhere, birds singing and playing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow! That is really flooded.