Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pictures from Togo

These pics go with the post on the "trip to Togo".
Andre in Nassogne.
Nassogne is near Palime, a small city near the mountains in Togo.
After all the noise of Lome, the capital, Nassogne was a break where you would do what I'm doing right there. Relax!
I was about to sit on the bench where the water bottle is sitting, but our hosts came from nowhere and insisted on bringing me a chair. I let them. So, there am I, relaxing like a "Dufus American" in paradise. Hey! I love that place.


Debbie is trying to capture the sunset on film but the sun was still so bright it was not registering on the film. But there I was, on our balcony, back in Africa.

There is Debbie, the Queen of Africa!
Can you see the sun? I kinda took that pictures. I had to move everything around to get a good picture: the sun, the trees, the clouds, Debbie's smile (at the right time). You didn't know about my powers? Humm.
Debbie took this picture from the 3rd story of my Mom's house. Gosh! It's always weird to write my "Mom's house" or "my mother's house". It used to be my "parents' house". I miss you, Papa! Well, my Mom, Frida (my sister), and John (my brother) are sitting on the 2nd floor. The 3rd floor is just a place where my Dad had his plants (42! Debbie counted them) and where the birds come to keep him company.

P.S. You can always click on the pictures to have a better look.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: