Friday, August 14, 2009

A new phase in life

I just had my birthday two days ago. We had a nice and pleasant time together as a family on Saturday with Kelly and Leah. This same week, Kelly is going for her second year in College and Leah is going for her last year in High School. That's when it hit me.

The kids are no longer little "kids"! They've matured and are very much into their own things, their own lives. And they have become pretty independent. This is a new phase in life for me: the children are grown. Thankfully we are very close. Well, you have to move on and make the best out of your "new phase" in life. How did it happen so fast? I'm only 48 years young!

2 comments:

Daddy's Girl ;) said...

Awwww, Daddy! You make it seem like it's a bad thing when this is your chance to look back and see how your daughters apply all the amazing life lessons you've equiped them with throughout the 18 and 20 years of their lives. You get to see how we've learned to strengthen, spread, and now use our wings to soar above the crowd and on towards new horizons. You've taught us how to use them, have been the wind beneath our wings, and now we have to learn to fly by ourselves. That's not a bad thing, though, Daddy. Because even though we're taking off towards new heights, we'll always find our way home. And, Daddy, I'll ALWAYS be your little girl, :) no matter where I end up in life or what age I'll be. I love you, Dad!!!

Love Always,
LeeLee

Andre Coquerel said...

You're always so sweet, Leah!
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm so proud of you, and you will always be my "little girl".
I love you,
Dad