Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Week End at Connie's

This turned out to be one of the classic Price Family get-together.
Everybody was happy to see each other.

The intermittent rain did not allow for much swimming so we did the next best thing. Play Rook, drink, eat, play some more Rook, eat some ... and share a lot of stories.
We had a diverse group with the Price siblings with "Mama", the in-laws including Linda, a couple of grand kids, a dog, 5 cats. Did I forget anybody?
Impressive that everybody was in their best behavior.

Three couples were together the evening before everyone got there on Sunday. Connie and Duane, Carey and Martha, and Debbie and I.

We had some fun with some strange combination of "things that don't go together". As Duane pointed out, alcohol and politics don't go together. Does Carey get drunk or is he immune to all that beer?  Connie had fun with the bottle in front of her (in the picture). Then the decibel went up! Add in some politics with Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Clinton, Bush...Carey threw Al Gore in there too.
Are all these people brothers, politicians, friends, enemies, ..., who cares? Let me just play some Rook games, will you? No dice. People were sitting in front of the games but paying no attention. ...it's your bid...it's your turn...you got that one...everybody already bid, we're just waiting for you... no, you just got in for 105...so we're actually set..but it's OK...it's just a game (if you will just play it!!!) That's what Duane and I were saying all evening.
Connie was happy that evening. That bottle (the Malibu Coconut Rum or something like that) was only 21%. Trust me, she said it 5 times so I remember. I actually never understood but I didn't want to ask. Do I need to look that stupid, you know. I was at her house, but now I'm on my Blog so I'm asking. If I had 10 shots of that rum, does it make it 10 times 21%, or 10 times the 21% divided by volume of the bottle multiplied by the volume of the shot glass, or just 21% 10 times? The answer doesn't really matter. I saw the effect. You're so happy...you almost pass out. The next morning..., let's not talk about that. By the way, I had a couple of shots too. And it was good rum.

Compared to that evening, the next day of fun, food, and games was almost boring. You guys missed all the fun. Next time, just bring your tents.
See you next time.  Hasta la otra vez! (in Spanish)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Andre,
Just go ahead and say it! Connie drank way too much! But the rum was good. Only 21% alcohol should mean that it's less potent, but I'm not sure that's true. It mostly just means it's not as strong as other rum or liquor. It tastes very mild, but apparently the "punch" is just the same! I enjoyed having everyone over. It was fun.
Connie

Andre Coquerel said...

OK. Connie was drunk and that was fun...to see Duane so serious and Connie so hilarious.
But yes, that rum was good. I had some too, remember? Just not enough to take me to the next level of Nirvana, hahaha.
I'm a happy drunk like you!