Friday, June 27, 2008

Camping at FDR National Park

We're now settled.
This park is very wooded and most enjoyable.
We saw a deer in the morning, Debbie and I, while the girls were still sleeping.

We set up camp pretty quickly, for first timers. Within the hour, both tents were up, the table and chairs set, and the coolers were out. I was ready for a drink, beer or wine, I didn't care.

Now we can really explore around. What a nice park! Beautiful lake, wooded areas with TALL pine trees, you feel like you're camping in nature. The camp site does have bathrooms with showers, unfortunately, I mean fortunately. So, it wasn't totally wild, but close enough.

If you ever go near this place, you owe it to yourself to check it out. The whole area is just beautiful with gorgeous scenery.
I've asked the nice lady at the camp's information desk "if there were one thing you need to see while you're here, what will it be?" She said without hesitation "The Little White House". I didn't expect that answer, but we checked it out, and she was darn right! She knew what she was talking about. Check it out too. Just the video presentation about Frank Delano Roosevelt will make you cry. So touching! How much he loved Georgia and made this place near Warm Springs a lovely retreat.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed camping Andre. I am not much of a wilderness girl, but maybe it is worth all the beautiful scenery. I will probably start with one night and then see if I can handle two :)
Phoebe